NHQC’s Quality and Community Solutions projects turn knowledge into action. NHQC develops and supports initiatives that improve transparency and improve community health care. Initiatives include:
- www.myHealthFinder.com, New York’s most highly respected, independent source of hospital and physician ratings. myHealthFinder.com empowers patients with the information they need to find appropriate health care. We accept no funding, revenues, consulting fees, advertising fees or donations of any kind from the providers we grade.
- New York State Hospital Report Card (SM), a project examining the quality of care at every New York State hospital for a wide array of procedures and conditions. Provides patients with the information they need to find high quality care, and it provides hospital quality leaders with technical assistance to improve quality measureably/collaboratively.
- New York State Preventable Hospitalizations Report(SM), a report of preventable hospitalization rates (for every county in New York State).
- New York State Procedure Utilization Report(SM), a report of procedure utilization rates where the scientific evidence suggests that variations in utilization of these procedures should be reduced in order to improve patient outcomes (for every county in New York State).
- NHQC-Led National Model Pilot Projects In Disease Management And Wellness, NHQC-led community collaboratives (e.g., kidney disease, asthma, women’s health, etc.) which have achieved measurably improved identification and treatment, more effective use of data systems, physician measurement/transparency, and systemically improved adherence to specific treatment guidelines where consistent application of the guidelines is inadequate.
- Western New York Patient Survey Report of Hospital Quality(SM), provides the opportunity for participating hospitals to measure patient-centered quality and to collaborate on quality improvement.
- Information to help patients navigate the health care delivery system, NHQC receives hundreds of inquiries annually from those seeking to understand the information which is available to make health care decisions. Technical support is offered at no charge.
- National and International Quality Research Collaborations, NHQC publishes and/or disseminates findings describing its work in peer reviewed journals, trade publications and print/electronic media.
NHQC welcomes your phone calls and emails concerning any aspect of its work, or if you have a question about anything on the www.myHealthFinder.com Web site.
Niagara Health Quality Coalition
2810 Sweet Home Rd.
Amherst, NY 14228